Danceathon is a contemporary dance marathon dedicated to the joy of perpetual movement. Almalibre.co invites dancers of all backgrounds as well as all individuals interested in movement to take part in a continuous dance performance in an open space that will allow them to take risks, expand and activate their ability to transform and evolve in time. The participants are invited to enter a process of intense physicality that will lead them towards ecstasy and personal liberation.
For further information about the event and how to apply please visit: https://almalibrecoop.wixsite.com/danceathon.
The danceathon team:
- Concept / Choreography: Anastasia Brouzioti
- Assistant choreographers and artistic collaborators: Angeliki Margeti, Stavros Apostolatos
- Music design: AlmaLibre.co
- Music production: Yannis Romanos
- Text Editing: Yiannis Tsigkris, Anastasia Brouzioti, Maria Papoutsi
- Communication and Social Media: Mary Christopoulou Tsekoura
- Photographer and Videographer: Sideris Nanoudis
- Project Manager: Makis Katribouzas
- Dancers who collaborated in the research and composition of the choreographic map of danceathon: Gabriela Antonopoulou, Stavros Apostolatos, Konstantinos Argyriou Evangeloudis, Anastasia Brouzioti, Nikolas Chatzivasileiadis, Nontas Damopoulos, Eleftheria Iliopoulou, Marianna Kavallieratos, Maria Manoukian, Angeliki Margeti, Alexandros Stavropoulos
danceathon is a co-production of the Almalibre.co Contemporary Dance Company and the Kalamata International Dance Festival and is held with the financial support of the Hellenic Ministry of Culture of Sports.
Created by Anastasia Brouzioti in 2012. The company’s choreographic work is based on the exploration of human freedom and the immediacy of dance as a medium of expression and communication. The company has presented its work in various international dance festivals in Greece, Spain, Ireland, Bulgaria, Germany and Italy. They were awarded at the Madrid Choreography Competition for their pieces A True Story and Race to Grace. Excerpts from their productions Home and Black Swans were presented at Viewfinder as part of Springback Magazine’s “40 Winks” project organised by Aerowaves. In 2020 and 2022, the company was supported financially on their projects JOY and danceathon by the Hellenic Ministry of Culture and Sports.