Program Dance in the city
20.07 | 21:00
Kalamata Main Square
GREEK NATIONAL SCHOOL OF DANCE / EVA GEORGITSOPOULOU
Remembering Bodies is inspired by the body as a tool for memorising images, moments and situations. It focuses on the body’s ability to remember and its power to imprint memories on other bodies. A kinetic work that examines the allure of memory as it directly and indirectly influences the way in which the body stands, evolves, exists and co-exists within a social context.
Admission to all Kalamata Main Square performances and side events is free for all.
- Choreography: Eva Georgitsopoulou
- Performance / Movement Research: Orestis Barkas, Konstantinos Dimitropoulos Efentakis, Nikolaos Egglezos, Anna Gouma, Marilia Grantza, Kassandra Kardasi, Vangelis Kopsidas, Eirini Matei, Kalia Mavrofti, Aris Papaioannou, Ifigenia Papathanasi, Alexandros Ripol Kandilas, Pericles Sioundas, Thanos Stasinos, Panagiotis Tasoulis, Evelina Toube, Danae Vasilakakou
- Assistant Choreographer: Maria Adamopoulou
- Musical Composition / Sound Design: Nefeli Lysimahou
- Costumes: Dora Stylidou
- Board of Directors of the Greek National School of Dance
- President: Konstantinos Rigos
- Vice President: Victoria Zygourou Kartali
- Members: Nikos Xanthoulis, Panagiotis Stavropoulos, Eleni Tzanou
- Director of the Greek National School of Dance: Daphnis Kokkinos
Born in Greece, Eva Georgitsopoulou lives in Berlin. She graduated from the Greek National School of Dance and continued her studies in Israel. As a dancer she has collaborated with Noa Zuk, Shlomi Bitton and Kibbutz Contemporary Dance Company. During her studies in Greece, she also collaborated with the ΟΚΤΑΝΑ Dancetheatre Company and the Hellenic Dance Company, and later as a professional dancer in Germany with Cía Sonia Rodriguez, Inside the Body Performing Arts, the Frantics Dance Company, the Judith Sánchez Ruiz Dance Company, Edivaldo Ernesto, et al. From 2016 to 2021 she collaborated as a project base performer with Patricia Apergi’s Aerites Dance Company, and from 2019 to the present day with Sasha Waltz & Guests. Her own choreographic works were recently produced by the 2021 Athens Epidaurus Festival and under the auspices and with the financial support of the Hellenic Ministry of Culture & Sports. Eva’s creations have been presented at the Arc for Dance Festival, at Lange Nacht des Tanzes Bleiburg, at the Athens Epidaurus Festival, at the 5th online Festival of the Greek National Opera Ballet, at the 25th Kalamata International Dance Festival, at Dance Days Chania, at the Athens Video Dance Project, at Katapult Berlin, at Tanzfabrik, and at Amalgam Solo Dance Performance Berlin.