Program Main Stage
The specific performance is carried out in accordance with the terms of operation of closed theatres.
Find out here about the necessary guidelines and conditions regarding spectators’ attendance at the performance at the Central Stage of the Kalamata Dance Megaro, in the context of the protection measures against Covid-19.
About the performance
A genre-defying blend of hip hop dance and free form antics, Botis Seva’s BLKDOG explores the inner battlefield of an ageing artist trying to retain his youth and the new generation’s strife to survive in a world that is not built for them. With music from long standing collaborator Torben Lars Sylvest and performed by Botis’ powerhouse company Far From The Norm, BLKDOG received the Olivier Award for Best New Dance Production in 2019.
- Choreographer: Botis Seva
- Dancers: Far From The Norm (Victoria Shulungu, Naïma Souhaïr, Hayleigh Sellors, Jordan Douglas, Joshua Nash, Shangomola Edunjobi, Ezra Owen)
- Music composer: Torben Lars Sylvest
- Lighting designer: Tom Visser
- Costume designer: Ryan Dawson Laight
- Producer: Lee Griffiths
- Production manager: Andy Downie
- Touring production manager / relighter: Andrej Gubanov & Pete Maxey
- Co-produced by Far From The Norm, Norrlandsoperan, Sadler’s Wells
- Supported by Arts Council England
Raised in East London, Botis Seva is an artist working with Hip Hop dance and theatre. He established his company Far From The Norm in 2019, with an interest in experimenting with Hip Hop language. Botis has worked with the Scottish Dance Theatre, N.S.C.D.’s Verve and National Youth Dance Company, Rupert Goold’s critically acclaimed The Hunt at The Almeida Theatre, and works collectively with Far From The Norm to make his own dance theatre.