Program Dance in the city
Find out here about the guidelines regarding spectators’ attendance at the performances of the 27th International Dance Festival of Kalamata, in the context of the protection measures against Covid-19.
About the performance
Usually, a bowling ball has only one function: to knock over as many pins as possible at the end of the lane. But what if you remove this object from its usual environment? In this duet with a Bowling Ball, Alexander Vantournhout turns the relationship between the body and the objects around it. This solo is part of SCREWS, a series of five micro-performances, in which objects are fastened to the body, either providing support or throwing it off balance, allowing gravity to be overcome or rather enhancing its effects.
- Created & performed by: Alexander Vantournhout
- Dramaturgy: Sébastien Hendrickx
- Intellectual in residence: Rudi Laermans
- Choreographic help: Anneleen Keppens & Martin Kilvady
- Costumes: Anne-Catherine Kunz
- Technics: Rinus Samyn
- Light design: Tim Oelbrandt
- Technical design: Bert Van Dijck, Rinus Samyn, Tom Reynaerts, Tom Daniels
- Photos: Bart Grietens
- Production: not standing
- Coproduction: Vooruit, Gent (BE), MA, Montbeliard (FR), PERPLX, Marke (BE), Circa, Auch (FR)
Alexander Vantournhout is artist-in-residence in arts center Vooruit in Ghent and associated artist of le CENTQUATRE Paris and Cirque-théâtre Elbeuf. He’s cultural ambassador of the city of Roeselare and supported by Fondation BNP Paribas for the development of his projects.