Program Dance in the city
My journey, my home, my soil; everything in my bag.
My silence, my land.
My reverence towards passion.
A ritual in the present moment dedicated to time and to my history.
My body, filled with memories and artifacts of my history.
Of what I seem to be and of what I really am.
My seed. Me and my forceful silence.
The first woman, a reign, a root, a history.
- Choreographer/performer: Maria Doulgeri
- Music: Christos “MastroKristo” Parapagidis
- Set design: Maria Doulgeri
- Costume design: Maria Doulgeri, Rhiannon Noke
- Photography: Buba Gabedava
- Rehearsals supported by: Jasmin Vardimon Co, PERA – School of Performing Arts, Wayne MacGregor Studio
Maria Doulgeri was born and raised in Chalkidiki. She trained at the Greek National School of Dance, graduating with honors.
She continued her journey in England, where she collaborated with choreographer Jasmin Vardimon on the productions Yesterday, Park, Maze and Pinocchio, where she portrayed the titular character. She has joined companies such as Jukstapoz as an assistant choreographer while also developing her own work in Greece, England and Cyprus.
She teaches classes as well as the workshop A Performer’s Craft at universities, dance academies and festivals across Europe.